* Lawyer to defendant: “Was that the same nose you broke as a child?
* Lawyer : “I show you Exhibit three and ask you if you recognize
Witness: “That’s me.”
Lawyer: “Were you present when that picture was taken?”
* Lawyer: “Now, Doctor, isn’t it true that when a person dies in his
sleep, in most cases he just passes quietly away and doesn’t know
anything about it until the next morninig?”
* Lawyer: “Do you know how far pregnant you are now?
Defendant: “I’ll be three months on november eighth.”
Lawyer: “Apparently, then the date of conception was August the
Lawyer: “What were you doing at that time?”
* Lawyer: “Were you alone or by yourself?”
* Lawyer: “Mrs. Jones, do you believe you are emotionally stable?
Mrs. Jones: “I used to be.”
Lawyer: “How many times have you committed suicide?”
* Lawyer: “Do you have any children or anything of that kind?”
* Defendant: “He told me, he says, ‘I have to kill you because you
can identify me.’
Lawyer: “Did he kill you?”
* Lawyer: “She had 3 children right?”
Lawyer: “How many were boys.”
Lawyer: “Were there any girls?”
* Lawyer: “The youngest son, the twenty-year-old, how old is he”?
* Lawyer: “You say that the stairs went down to the basement?”
Lawyer: “And these stairs, did they go up also?”
* Lawyer: “Do you recall approximately the time that you examined the
body of Mr. Edington?”
Coroner: “It was in the evening. The autopsy started about 8:30
Lawyer: “And Mr. Edington was dead at the time, is that correct?”
Coroner: “No, you stupid, he was sitting on the table wondering
why I was doing an autopsy!”