Top 10 Reasons for Being an Alto
10) You get really good at singing E flat.
9) You get to sing the same note for 12 consecutive measures.
8) You don’t really need to warm up to sing 12 consecutive bars of E-flat.
7) If the choir really sucks, it’s unlikely the Altos will be blamed.
6) You have lots of time to chat during Soprano solos.
5) You get to pretend that you are better than the Sopranos, because everybody knows that women only sing Soprano so they don’t have to learn to read music.
4) You can sometimes find part time work singing Tenor.
3) Altos get all the great intervals.
2) When the Sopranos are holding some outrageously high note at the end of an anthem, the Altos always get the last words.
1) When the Altos miss a note, nobody gets hurt.