Seven Bar Jokes
involving grammar and punctuation
by Eric K. Auld
- A comma splice walks into a bar, it has a drink and then leaves.
- A dangling modifier walks into a bar. After finishing a drink, the bartenders asks it to leave.
- A question mark walks into a bar?
- Two quotations marks “walk into” a bar.
- A gerund and an infinitive walking into a bar, drinking to drink.
- The bar was walked into by the passive voice.
- Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.